Automation Alley’s Technology Industry Outlook, held Feb. 22 at the Detroit Institute of Arts, attracted more than 300 Southeast Michigan tech industry professionals for a presentation of the technology business association’s annual Technology Industry Report. Automation Alley Executive Director Ken Rogers gave opening remarks while COO and Director of Entrepreneurship Tom Kelly provided an overview of the report.
Event panelists included:
• Jeff Green, moderator, Detroit bureau chief, Bloomberg News
• Louay Chamra, Ph.D., dean, Oakland University School of Engineering and Computer Science
• Tom Kelly, COO and director of entrepreneurship, Automation Alley
• Irene Spanos, director, Economic Development and Community Affairs, Oakland County
• Elaina Farnsworth, CEO, Mobile Comply
The Technology Industry Report is a combination of two studies including a technology industry data collection and analysis, along with an online survey of 150 senior executives who are working in the tech industry in either metro Detroit or Silicon Valley.
Photos by Alex Minkin